I love using my letterboard. Letterboards let you add fun sayings to your picture in a cute and easy to read way. With fall coming around, I wanted to use my letterboard in the most creative way possible. I complied a list of fall sayings to use on a letterboard.
A lot of these work well with certain settings or backgrounds. I am hoping with 85 different ones to choose from, one will work with the photo setup you have in mind for your project! Or, while reading through the options, you will be inspired for your next shoot.
For each of these sayings, consider putting the year at the bottom of your letterboard. That way you will know how old everyone was in the picture. It is amazing how after so many years, it becomes hard to remember details like that.
Since fall has so many activities, I divided up the sayings into different groups. And even though there are 50 different fall sayings for a letterboard here, there are so many more out there! Use your imagination to create your own saying for your own photo shoot. If you would like some other ideas on what to use in your fall photos, please visit my post for Fall-Themed Photo Props.
Bellow are some fall sayings for a letterboard, divided up into sub categories.
Letterboard sayings for general Fall
Try using one of these fall sayings for a letterboard if you are doing outdoor pictures in a pumpkin patch, a forest, or on a hay bale. If you are doing indoor shoots, you can par the saying with a fall-themed backdrop.
- Pumpkin spice everything!
- Leaves are falling and Autumn is calling
- Time for scented candles
- Leaf Peeper
- I love fall most of all
- Time for fall décor
- Stay calm and fall is here
- Time for mittens and cocoa
- Tis the season for colorful leaves
- Time for cooler weather
- The air is crisp and so are the leaves
- Fall is my favorite time of the year
- Sweater weather
- Let’s go for a hay ride
- Time to break out the flannel
- Pumpkins, leaves, apples, hay rides… #happyfall
Letterboard Sayings for Football
Football is a beloved sport by so many. If you are taking some football pictures, and need a little something to break up the photo, try using one of these sayings.
- Lets get ready for some football
- Break out the helmets, it’s football season
- Tailgate time
- It is my most favorite season… football
- Don’t keep calm it is football season
- Tailgates, helmets, and catches. It is football time
Letterboard sayings for Children
Have some babies or toddlers dressed up in their costumes? Try one of these letterboard sayings for a cute addition to their photo. Hint: Also put the year at the bottom of the letterboard so you know how old your child was when the picture was taken.
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch
- Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet
- Everybody is fall-in for me!
- I’m just here for the candy
- Too cute to spook
- Keep Calm and get candy
- Little monster
- You’re boo-tiful
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice
- So cute it’s scary
- So cute even the leaves fall for me
- ________ my name and football is my game
- Candy corn is my favorite veggie
- Nothing scary about me!
Letterboard sayings for “Hello”
“Hello *insert month or season*” pictures are very trendy. A lot of times these work well for pictures that don’t necessarily have any people in them. Try one of these sayings and lay the letterboard on the floor or table. Surround the letterboard with fall leaves, little pumpkins, or candy corn. Take a picture from above, and now you have a seasonal Facebook cover you took yourself!
- Hello Autumn
- Hello Halloween
- Hello September
- Hello October
- Hello Pumpkin Spice
- Hello Fall
- Goodbye September, Hello October
- Goodbye October, Hello November
- Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall
- Hello Turkey Time
- Goodbye fall, hello winter
- Hello Thanksgiving
- Hello ______, please be kind
Letterboard sayings for Halloween
Lots of people love to decorate for Halloween, and making cute letterboard sayings can be included in the decorations. This year, try incorporating it into any Halloween pictures you may be taking.
- Enter at your own risk
- Eat more candy
- The spiderwebs just became decorations
- Trick or Treat Yo’ Self
- ___ Days until Halloween
- Time to pick pumpkins
- Free broom rides
- Time for scary movies
- Turn off the lights and eat candy
- Happy Halloween
- Monster mash time
- Candy, ghosts, cats… #happyhalloween
- Black cats and baby bats
- Bats in the belfry
- Candy corn wishes and black cat kisses
- When a black cat crosses your path – pet it
- Broom rides $1
Letterboard sayings for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a time for family and food. If you are doing photos of your family members (letterboards usually work better if only one or two people are in the frame) you can have them hold a letterboard with a fun and festive saying. After using your letterboard for pictures, you can set it near the table to use as a sweet decoration. Hint: When doing photos also consider adding the year to the bottom of the letterboard. The years run together, and you may be thankful latter to have an easy way to remember what year that picture was taken.
- Gobble, Gobble, ready to wobble
- ___ Days until Thanksgiving
- Time for some Turkey
- Give thanks with a grateful heart
- Be thankful
- May your heart be full and thankful
- Whatever floats your gravy boat
- Time to stuff the turkey
- Keep clam and eat turkey
- Thankful for pie
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Be thankful for all that you have
- Grateful for family
- Turkey, football, family….. #HappyThanksgiving
- Count your blessings
Even if you have never used a letterboard in your pictures before, consider doing something different and trying it out this year. It can be fun to come up with your own saying, that way you can make your pictures especially unique to you.
If you are still running short of ideas, hold a contest between family members. Have everyone create their own letterboard saying. You can choose a winner, and use it for the photos. Or, everyone can create their own saying to be used in their own picture. It may be a way to get your family more excited about taking pictures this year!
If you liked this article, please check out some of my other posts: